Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Create? Why?

Here I am sitting, listening to the new Machine Head album. The intensity, passion, and drive to create burns in me like thermite through the steal of armor. It's violent, yet well formed and simplified. I struggle to find ways to bring my ideas into a realm of existence. To see them come to life. The impatience, the torture of waiting, it is my daily struggle.

I feel compelled to hurry, but it requires patience, I feel torn and unaccomplished sometimes, but I have and continue to work and create so much. I draw this importance, yet I'm not concerned with sharing, yet I do seek to. I am selfish in my desire to create for me. I want to know that I can and have an innate desire to do so.

In the end I will share, but for now I must create for me. Even though it seems and feels selfish, I don't seek to hide it. I am an open book, I am an open mind, I study, learn, and mentor. I have nothing to hide.

I can be nothing but honest. But I know I appear selfish with my creations until they're ready, and sometimes I appear scattered and broken because of this. But I'm drawing closer to bringing them to life... and then I will draw in those that I seek to share with.

I will settle with myself some patience in order to bring these creations to life and set them free for others. I will share, but for now I'm selfish and shall remain. Off to create more...

...in the meantime, enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment