Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stumptown Girl


I put these pieces together a while ago...  not sure the exact date...

It's a busy flow, but they haven't lined her up to be great.
She's a nice lady, Emerald is, but her soul is a little late.

The gray casts upon us all, seeing the cool breeze I'm unfazed.
The streets glisten with wetness, I can feel the cold unabated.

The emerald lady can't decide if she likes me.
However the gal smiles and asks if I'll return.
The emerald lady she's friendly, but holds back.
I think I'll roll down and see my Stumptown Gal.

I gotta make a visit,
I gotta get away today,
I have to get down and visit my Stumptown Gal.
I want to get away,
I want to see her smile,
Stumptown Gal is waiting for me,
Stumptown Gal is smiling at me,
Stumptown Gal wants to...
...sip a coffee,
act a play,
see or say,
drink a beer,
bike a ride,
follow the tide.
...and off I go again to see my Stumptown Gal.

I remember this feeling before, on a hot summer day,
The humidity beat into me, as the bugs came to play.
The porch was wide and the view wasn't so bad,
However the my life had turned into a twisted little fad.
A drink or three this night, till a burning hour of three.
I'd step up to work, day after day, wanting away and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment