Thursday, September 22, 2011

Studious? I Hope So...

It sure takes some persistence to figure out music gear. I've just spent a solid hour playing with tones, so far, I'm seriously jazzed about the bad ass tones that I've pulled out of this HD500. I did do some searching around to see what I could dig up and found a few things on the Line6 Forums that came in handy.

POD HD 500 - configuration for modern metal tone

More than anything I just needed to play around with the POD HD500 Edit Software and figure out how to actually setup the amps, cabinets, and all the individual gear. After playing around and getting some pretty good heavy tones and starting on a clean tone I decided I was done messing and just played for about an hour. Before I wrapped for the night though I did find one more link, which pretty much sums up how seriously bad ass the HD500 can be.

POD HD500 ~ Jeff Loomis and John Petrucci Tones... NOW tell me it can't do metal... =)

When you pull the absolute heaviness of Jeff Loomis and the strange things that John Petrucci puts together, you know you've landed in a very heavy place. That led me to a decision, before wrapping I dove into some Strapping Young Lad. These guys know what heavy means, seriously crazy heavy. After that I decided I'd roll right into some Devin Townsend Project, again... heavy mood. Until later, I'm exhausted for this round.

...and some of that Jeff Loomis shredding...


No comments:

Post a Comment